March 16, 2017
Spring Make Ready Tips
It’s that time of year again, when the warming weather has washed away the winter blues, and your boat is aching to get out from under that cover and into the water. Here are 7 tips to make your boating season start off with a bang.
RPM BOATING BLOG
1. Wash-n-Wax. Do a general cleaning of the hull, deck and inside using a mold and mildew protectant (highly recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant). Clean and polish metal with a good Carnauba wax. Clean and oil Teak. Make sure there are no hull abrasions, gouges, scratches etc. and fix if needed.
2. Check all Fluids, Clamps, Filters and Belts. Make sure to have spares if necessary. Record engine maintenance log, especially date and hours of last oil change.
3. Charge your Battery(s). Two is better than one, and there is nothing worse than being dead in the water.
4. Check your Inventory. Examine the fire extinguisher, first-aid kit, life jackets and cushions. Replace if necessary.
5. Examine your Trailer. Check and lubricate bearings, brakes, safety chains and tongue lock, and check tires for pressure and condition. Clean and lubricate winch connections, and test lights and electrical.
6. Check Registrations. Make sure you are all up to date, nobody likes tickets.
7. Enjoy your Boat!